Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sock Class

As I mentioned yesterday, I signed up to take Jessica's toe up sock class today at Woolbearers. What a lot of fun it was. It was a pleasure meeting her and the other knitters. I can't believe how fast the time went. Today's class focused on creating a swatch, calculating how many stitches to cast on using the formula we were provided, using the provisional crochet cast on and doing a short row toe. Pretty easy. We did touch briefly on the magic loop technique of knitting with 1 circular needle, which is the method for these socks. Again, very easy. So I started my toe up sock using size 1 Addi Turbo circulars and some yummy Lorna's Laces shepherd sock yarn.

Here is a close up of my toe. I do need to practice a bit on short rows, my wraps and pick ups aren't as neat as I want them to be.


As much as I want to continue with these socks I got to get back to the shawlette, I'm almost there. But I will be ready to continue on at next week's class.

4 comments:

Zarzuela said...

It looks great! You'll have no problem with next week's class at all. :) I can't believe you finished your assignment already. Guess I should make the class harder. ;)

Jessica

Madelyn said...

Thanks Jessica. You're a good teacher, it helps immensely to be shown the different steps.

Anonymous said...

You're off to a great start there, Maddie!

Sheila said...

Man-o-Man your color choices are really beautiful.. enjoy the class.