For the past two months I had been working on the Einstein Jacket by knit designer Sally Melville. It's finally finished and I'm very happy with it. Even though the pattern was very simple and easy to follow, I enlisted the help of Myra, owner of LYS Woolbearers. A lot of straight knitting in garter stitch but surprisingly I didn't get bored with it. I used 11.5 skeins of Reynolds Lopi and size 9 needles.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
At my retreat last month I made two bags from this fabric collection, My Favorite Bag and a Sonoma Swing Bag. I liked the fabric so much that I got some more and made a couple of other accessories from it.
Pink Sands Designs Tahiti Tote
iPad2 Case, Zippy Case and Cash N Carry
Clutch from My Favorite Bag. This is for my knitting and crocheting accessories.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Saturday, November 19, 2011
I took a class at the Village Quilter with my quilting pals the Jersey Girl Quilters. The class was for the Spicy Spiral Table Runner by Patty Latourell. Here's my runner. I used a set of fat quarters that I won from the now closed Pieceful Choices Quilt Shop during the last NJ shop hop. I made a hexagon mat out of the remaining fabric.
Friday, November 18, 2011
- What are your hobbies? - knitting, crocheting, quilting
- What are your favorite colors? red black. I dislike green
- Do you collect anything? owls, anything Pooh
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? no
- Do you have any pets? No bit have two granddogs :-)
- Coffee, Tea, or Chocolate? coffee and chocolate
- What do you like to read? romance
- Do you prefer Cookies or Candies as a sweet? love both
- What is your favorite holiday treat? gingerbread
- Describe your favorite holiday tradition. spending time with family
- Did you believe in Santa as a child? sure
- When do you open presents? Christmas morning
- Do you put up a tree and when? If not, how do you celebrate? After Thanksgiving
- Does your tree have a theme? No
- What has been your favorite gift to give? to receive? Hmm, don't know
Friday, November 04, 2011
Another successful swap has been completed for me over at the Flirty Apron Swap. This time instead of swapping aprons we swapped table runners.
This is the package I sent to Sarah C.
And here is what I received from the wonderful Susan K:
I love my owl runner. Susan included this owl fabric and I plan to make an easy striped table runner out of it. Thank you Susan!