Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flirty Apron Swaps

During this year I got hooked on aprons. Why, I have no idea because I am NOT in the kitchen. I am retired from cooking. But aprons are quick and they make good gifts. Also I've been told they are sexy, hmmm. Anyway I did a few swaps. Swapping is a lot of fun and you meet a lot of new virtual pals. There are drawbacks though because there are unscrupulous folks out there who want something for nothing.

I participated in four swaps this year. Two Flirty Apron Swaps hosted by Shawnee, One Sassy Apron Swap Hosted by Lucy & Shawnee and One Hot Mama Apron Swap hosted by Val. Whew, that was a lot of linking. Here are the swap packages that I received:

Flirty Apron Swaps - there were two: I Love Lucy Theme and White Christmas Theme.

The I Love Lucy Swap was my first. My swap partner did not follow through (remember I mentioned there was unscrupulous folks out there. Well whoever this person is shame on you). Many thanks to Tara who kindly angeled for this swap and sent me this lovely package:


Tara pegged me correctly as she read my scant not a lot of posting blog. She sent me roving, yarn and fat quarters along with an apron. Many thanks Tara, you are a real sweetheart of an angel.

This is the apron package I sent to my partner Amy B.




Next Flirty Swap was recent: White Christmas Theme. I received this package from Cheryl C. I believe this apron was actually made by one of the swap sponsors J. Carrell Designs. Many thanks Cheryl.


I made an apron and sent a package for this swap to Stephanie J. I enjoyed making this package.





I swapped out the fat quarters before mailing. I was able to find more "blue" material which is Stephanies favorite color.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

MADDIE! I love the I Love Lucy apron!! BRAVO!!