Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My day at the View




On my birthday last month I received 4 tickets to The View for December 16. It was a nice surprise as I had applied for the tickets almost two years ago. I love this show and record it daily. My mom, my sister and my friend accompanied me.

Four of the five hosts were there: Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shephard & Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Barbara Walters was not there today. The guests were singer Alicia Keys and actress Anna Kendricks. Everyone in the audience received a copy of Alicia Keys' latest CD. It was interesting watching the show live in the studio. But you don't see a lot of it cause of all the action with the cameras and stuff. So I watched it once I got home, LOL.

You are allowed to take pictures during the commercial breaks. These breaks are pretty long.

Whoopi, Joy & Elisabeth

Me, my friend Gail and my mom

The table where hot topics are discussed. Let me tell you this set is A LOT smaller in person.

After the show it was time for lunch. Then we headed to the August Wilson theater and to see Jersey Boys. A very good play.


Afterwards some sightseeing was in order. It was my friend Gail's first time in Manhattan. We walked to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas Tree. Then we returned to the Port Authority via strolling through Times Square.

The day was a nice break during the middle of the work week.

No comments: