Friday, November 05, 2010

Fall Retreat in the Poconos

Some of my quilting pals and I went up to the Poconos for a week of sewing and quilting. This was the second year we did this and boy was it nice and relaxing. This year's retreat was at Quail Hollow Village at Beech Mountain Lakes. It was absolutely gorgeous up in the mountains.



We set up shop by moving all the furniture in the villa back to the walls. Full use was made of the dining table and kitchen counter.


I had already posted about a few of the projects that I worked on, my blocks of the month, apron and tuck ins for the Halloween/Fall FAS12, and the glow in the dark treat bags.
Here are some of the other projects I worked on.

Christmas Tree Napkins, a real fun project.

Accuquilt Chisels Die was used to make this table runner.

Simplicity 3977

Lazy Girl Designs Margo Bag

Lazy Girl Designs Wonder Wallet

Lazy Girl Designs Miranda Bag


Of course we had to go out exploring the local area for quilt and yarn shops.

We found Another Quilt, an absolutely wonderful quilt shop that was nearby. I picked up some fabrics that I just couldn't leave without.


LOL, these knitting chickens are a hoot. I'm going to make a knitting bag with the fabric.


We also found the String Thing Yarn Shop where I picked up a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy.

We even ran into another group of quilters who were there for a week.
It was a great week. We will we could do it more often.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm in love with that rooster fabric! Sooo cute!

Amy Fazio said...

this sewing projects look amazing!

Unknown said...

wow! you went crazy and got so much done...the knitting chicken fabric is hilarious! I love that you noticed I wore your apron as part of my domestic cowgirl outfit! I got so many raves about it!

jillytacy said...

Wow that's a lot of great crafty projects! I want to try the Christmas tree napkins.